Place and date of birth
’s Gravenhage (The Netherlands), 1953
- Gymnasium B (Science oriented pre-university).
- Academie Arendonk (Arendonk, Belgium) - Portrait/abstract painting specialization.
- Academie Arendonk (Arendonk, Belgium) - Ceramics specialization.
- Academie voor Schone Kunsten (Tilburg, The Netherlands) - Teacher education.
A teacher in painting and art history at Bo-Art Paining School (Baarlo, The Netherlands) since 2003. Bo-Art is founded by Marjan Wijnhoven and also origanises workshops and excursions.
- Paintings in diverse styles, ranging from realism to abstract.
- Sculptures in bronze, stone, iron and ceramics.
|Rond Frida||Domani Venlo||The Netherlands|
|Internationale Atelierroute||Venlo||The Netherlands|
|Galerie RICK||Weert||The Netherlands|
|Casa Cultura||Calpe (Alicante)||Spain|
|War monument 40-45||Municipality of Maasbree||The Netherlands|
Some words on my work
My interests lie in ancient cultures and hidden beauty, where I try to get the most out of the material and techniques I use. Discovering new shapes, without losing sight of the original historical context. Combining the ancient artisan with modern assets.